Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Problem with the synthesizer when I update Aurora 64B v9.1 to v11.2 in Vivado 2018.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cesar0182

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Greetings ... tell them that I am new using IP cores, and a couple of days ago they passed me a project (vhdl sources and IPs) where the IPs were made in Vivado 2013.4. I have managed to synthesize, simulate and implement this project without any problem in Vivado 2018.3 (no need to update the IPs) ... but now they asked me to update all the IPs of the project and again synthesize, simulate and implement the project. So far I have managed to update a large part of the IPs without affecting the operation of the project. But now I'm having problems updating Aurora 64B66B v9.1 to v11.2, because at the time of synthesizing I get the following errors that are shown in the attached image (synth_error).

Synth_error.PNG

I tried to comment the connections do_cc and reset, but I also get another error which is shown in the attached image (synth_error2).

Synth_error2.PNG

Can someone please help me with this problem, thanks in advance.
I leave attached the Aurora IP that I am using without updating.

Attachments

• g1_ipcat_aur.zip
    178.9 KB · Views: 70

I've mentioned before jumping from a old version of an IP to the latest is fraught with problems, namely the changes become so drastic in some cases (like this one) that the ports of the IP change.

I've found it usually works better to upgrade piecemeal through the various versions from v9.1, 9.2, 9.3....10.1, 10.2, ... 11.1, 11.2. At some point during the upgrades you will likely have to modify the instantiation of the IP to account for new, removed, or changed ports. You might be able to download all the versions documentation and determine what changes were made between each version and just modify the instantiation of the IP to work with the 11.2 version.

I typically don't upgrade IP cores due to the problems with jumping from a very old core to the latest. I typically keep a text file with the core that has the options used for implementing the core originally, which I then can plug into the new core and fill in any fields that might have added or changed.

thanks Ads-ee, your help is always useful ... what I do not understand is how can I update an IP gradually?

Last edited:

you have to have each of the versions of tools on your machine, which is why I recommend the other method of opening the IP in the old tools document all the settings, then open the new wizard and put in all the settings that match and figure out what to do with other settings that don't match by reading the IP documentation. If you do it this second way you only need the old version and the current version of the tools.

Most likely you will still need to fix the design to support any port changes they might have made between versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back