Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HC05 UART Communication Data Rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

matriX_1500

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi every one,
I want to use HC05 bluetooth module with my FPGA board and transfer and receive data with my PC application.
Data rate of Board-to-PC is about 25K Byte per second and data rate of PC-to-Board is about 1 K Byte per second.
So, Can I actually access this range with HC05?

I'm confused with datasheet:

1.JPG

2.JPG
Is 3Mbit per second accessable with 460800 Baud rate?

Hi,

1 bit/s is equal to 1 Baud
3MBit/s --> 3MBaud
460800Bit/s --> 460800 Baud

Klaus

460800 Bd means 460800 Bit/s, respectively 46 kByte/s with N-8-1 frame.

You want to interface HC05 with PC Bluetooth transmitter?

460800 Bd means 460800 Bit/s, respectively 46 kByte/s with N-8-1 frame.

You want to interface HC05 with PC Bluetooth transmitter?

Yes, I want to nterface HC05 with PC Bluetooth transmitte.
And about Transfer rate, if 46 kByte/s is Maximum transfer rate, so what means 3Mbps rate in datasheet?

Hi,

Maybe 3Mbit/s is the bluetooth data rate, while the 46kbits is the UART style payload.

Post a link to the complete datasheet, so we can verify this.

Klaus

Why there is No standard datasheet for HC05?
I find a new page that says max. baud rate of module is 1382400 bps.
which one is right?

There are many HC-05 data sheets around, official datasheet is available from Chinese manufacturer wavesen along with an AT command manual. According to the latter, HC-05 also supports 922k and 1382k Baud rates, but I never tried.

HC-05 is essentially a CSR/Qualcomm BC417xx Bluetooth Asic with a respective program in flash. Versions with different functionality may be made.

BC417xx is an old Bluetooth chip. Some "HC-05" on the market are even using older chips like BC352xx which has much lower speed than recent HC-05.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back