Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circular Waveguide Module

Status
Not open for further replies.

musmanm

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I have designed a circular waveguide module which expands at the center (like a B2B horn antenna, without radiation, its a waveguide only). Pictures are attached.

I can observe from the electric field distribution that the dominant TE11 mode of circular waveguide changes to an interesting flat phase (maybe an HE11 mode) when it is expanded or flared to a certain angle.

My questions regarding this are:

1. What is the theory behind this making a flat phase at expansion? Is the same theory of a corrugated circular horn antenna?
2. And, can we utilize the flat phase inside the waveguide?
3. There is a softwall which converts TE11 to HE11 mode (variable impedances). Is it possible to maintain HE11 mode from softwall till expansion as a single mode of propagation during the transition?
4. Can we utilize this waveguide module towards an application which requires a flat phase?

Will appreciate if I can get a direction of how to analyze the theory behind it and to utilize this module in some application.

Please see the pictures.
2019-05-27_172905.png
2019-05-27_172921.png
2019-05-27_172931.png
2019-05-27_172941.png
2019-04-24-1.jpg

From flat phase, I mean that field at the expansion section has a constant phase. And it is also axis-symmetric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back