Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hybrid library vs normal one

Status
Not open for further replies.

testhp

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

We use Orcad and we want to update our libraries. When we place a part and want to rotate it,we don't like the layout of the names and values and thus have to manually reposition them. It's not a big deal but it gets annoying after a while.

To solve this issue, we came with two solutions:

-Create for one component two parts(an horizontal and a vertical one)

-Create a symbol with the convert option which allows us to choose in a click

Does anyone here have any suggestion on what would be best ? I'm leaning towards the convert option because it seems faster and we have less components, but my supervisor would like to know what people in the industry do. I've linked some images to clarify what I mean. Thank you very much, and even if you don't use Orcad,if you have an informed opinion, I would still like to hear it

https://imgur.com/a/iVTt5eW

this has been a question (problem?) since the first schematic capture package.

i move the attributes.

Yes, it's very annoying but between the two solutions, which one would you recommend ? Thank you

i choose to move the attributes rather than producing two symbols for the same thing

as it is, i have two symbols for some things because one refers to a through hole form factor and the other to a surface mount form factor
if i had two symbols for vertical and horizontal, it means i need 4 symbols for the same thing.

I see thank you, more symbols can be bothersome sometime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back