Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved] Multimaster I2c with 1 Slave - PIC18f46k80

Status
Not open for further replies.

desgin

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

I am using Mikroc Pro Software, It has In built library.
Controller: PIC18F46k80.
I want to use 2 Masters and 1 Slave by using I2C communication.
Can anybody please help me ?
How to Start ? I have 1 Master & 1 Slave Code - Working Fine.
Looking for 2 Master and 1 Slave :-(

Thanks in Advance!!

Re: Multimaster I2c with 1 Slave - PIC18f46k80

In theory a properly implemented I2C master will already support multi-master buses with no work on your part. Just hook up the second master and try talking to the slave. Bus collision should result in an error from the arbitration loser.

To be clear you want both masters to talk to the single slave? Or do you want the maters to talk to each other (this is less common)?

Re: Multimaster I2c with 1 Slave - PIC18f46k80

In theory a properly implemented I2C master will already support multi-master buses with no work on your part. Just hook up the second master and try talking to the slave. Bus collision should result in an error from the arbitration loser.

To be clear you want both masters to talk to the single slave? Or do you want the maters to talk to each other (this is less common)?

Thanks for your reply.
Ya i want Each both masters to talk to the single slave.
do you any example code for the same ?

Status
Not open for further replies.