Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[ARM] Build a .hex file which including the Bootloader [STM32F]

Status
Not open for further replies.

tucx

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am working on an application based on STM32F103 chips.

After building the application, I do full chip erase using ST-LINK Utility and then flash the chip using new .hex file.

I know that STM32 starts executing the code at the address of 0x8000000. However, my main program starts from address of 0x8003000. I thought the stm32 used a space of 0x8000000 ~ 0x8002FFF for Bootloader. Therefore, my application cannot work.

I cannot find any solutions to build a .hex file which including the Bootloader for my application.

Do you guys know any way to build that one?

Thanks and BRs

Have you searched the Internet for "STM32 Bootloader"? Even "STM32F103 Bootloader" provides a lot of information.
ST Micro put out a number of application notes on bootloaders and they and others have example code out there.
Even if you can't find something that exactly fits your needs, the general principles that are used can still apply for you.
Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.