Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Attract fish by sound, light or anything else

Status
Not open for further replies.

i3layli

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My project right now is the depth finder. I've been looking at fishfinders and how they work and I think that's probably the best way to go - run an electronic input into a transducer and send out a fairly low-frequency sound wave since the lake will probably be deep. (Erie/Ontario).
However, I've been looking for such an ambitious soul who has posted such a schematic but no such luck. I'm a little sketchy on how to make a reciever that will take it the returning sound waves. Can anyone lend me their Genius?

What is the frequency you are focusing on? First you need to research the attenuation in water and scattering due to the small particles. If the sound waves can be focused (the reflection cannot be) then the depth that can be measured can be considerable. What kind of detectors you are planning? You need to perhaps send a series of small pulses...

A solution that has always worked for me, is to reverse engineer used broken down units.

My guess is that the most difficult part will be precisely the transceiver design. Something that is absolutely water proof, that produces a short yet very powerful ping, and the sensing portion which should both have very high sensitivity and the capability of surviving without degradation a powerful ping close to it.

Finding fish and attracting fish are two different problems
(although attracting them ought to make them right easy
to find).

Shrimp will come to a light. Not sure about fish.

I've read that some species home in on bioelectric fields.
What signature those might want, as a lure, I dunno.
Nor whether the fish of interest, are that way.

Finding fish and attracting fish are two different problems
(although attracting them ought to make them right easy
to find).

Shrimp will come to a light. Not sure about fish.

I've read that some species home in on bioelectric fields.
What signature those might want, as a lure, I dunno.
Nor whether the fish of interest, are that way.

When the shrimp come to the light the fish that eat them won't be far behind. Caught many a speckled trout under the lights of oil platforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back