Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Matching of big array transistors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junus2012

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear friends,

I am matching five transistors using this matching array

ABCD E DCBA

Where E is the half size of other transistors. All transistors share the same gate but all they have different drain and source connections.

Kindly you see how the layout becoming large and consuming wiring.

Do you think it is not practical to match five transistors ?

Thank you

E is dummy device?

I am not sure, but drain and source connections shouldn't matter too much, rather the bulk of the transistors.
Group same NMOS (A,B) and same PMOS (C,D) transistor pairs, like this:

E A B E F C D F
E B A E F D C F

E is NMOS dummy, F is PMOS dummy.

Dear frank,

my array is only NMOS transistors and E is normal transistor not a dummy.

by any way either mine or your array is a two side connection to connect the upper side terminals to the the down transistors terminal.

Since I have 5 transistors, I used 10 horezontal wires up and the same down... then the matched array becomes very big, most of it is dominated by the wiring. I am thinking by this way it will add large parasatics. How in literature suggest to connect higher order of arrays, I really doubt it.

May be I will support my question with image as soon as possible

Thank you again

Read papers about D/A Converters. There is a lot of stuff how to deal with layout effects for large number of matched transistors - both for dc like for high speed optimization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back