Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

windows programming to create hex for microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

nandhu015

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I want to write a windows application that can create hex file for microcontrollers.

I had seen single exe file that creates hex file for AVR micros, but there is no compilers called.

Can any body give me an idea how to it is done.

Any inputs, examples, links will be helpfull.

I can write programmes for microcontrollers in C

Nandhu

Hi,

I want to write a windows application that can create hex file for microcontrollers.
Create hex files... but what is the source?

Klaus

If you want a hex file without a source file, I guess you are asking for a random number generator. Windows is good at generating random output!

Brian.

Hex will be based on the windows application. For example the windows application is used to create designs / patterns of led matrix, which should be run from a microcontroller.

Nandhu

Hello,

you can write a program in C for microcontroller(skeleton), and Windows application - code generator (for example in C# using Visual Studio) which generates code also in C for microcontroller.
You have to invent data structures which can control LED matrix behavior (for example structure in C). Then in windows application (maybe graphical) design these structures and generate C (microcontroller) code. Then paste the generated code to C (microcontroler) program and compile it in one of compilers for micro (this compliler can be for example free "Arduino IDE").
You can save the generated code in *.h (C header files) and just include these files to your C program for microcontroler.
This is the only way you can acomplish your assumptions, but it is a challenge (it is complex task).

Regards

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back