Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Layout of Serial MOSFET

Status
Not open for further replies.

quyleanh

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In order to increase length of MOSFET, the schematic designer can connect multiple MOSFET as serial.

I would like to ask about this configuration in layout. Should I place MOSFET in vertical or horizontal?

Thank you.

It’s all about what fits in your layout area and personal preference. But if you do it horizontal, you can share diffusion with the series devices to make it a little more compact. And then you can add dummy devices on the edges if necessary. If it’s a high current trace, and your stripe widths are not very big, vertical may be easier to meet electromigration requirements if you have many fingers.

Thank you. After trying some patterns of my layout, I think the horizontal one is a bit better, although the wiring is complex.
But as you said, it depends on actual design. The vertical pattern is good as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back