Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Common centroid matching array

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junus2012

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear friends,

I have question about the common centroed matched array. I have this array for example to match two transistors A and B

ABBA
BAAB
ABBA
BAAB

or I can make it

ABBA
BAAB

for sure the first array is supposed to be the best but during work I see it is consuming a lot of wiring which I think it will add considerable parasatics.
The second array is working fair but it has a problem with big transistors in which dividing them by 4 is not enough. Therefore I have two options in which I want to take your opinion on

the first is extending the array horizontally like this way

ABBA ABBA
BAAB BAAB

or I keep using the

ABBA
BAAB but using two gate per unit transistor in the array

Which one you think it match better ?

Thank you in advance

In my opinion, the second placement is good enough. It's simple for wiring and still get matching for A, B transitor.
There will be trade off when we choose too complex placement. Like wiring complexibility, parasitic resitor and capacitor...

Common centroid array arrangement

Dear friends,

what is the difference between the two below arrays in term of better matching

ABBA
BAAB

and

ABAB
BABA

Thank you

The second is seems better for matching when it has better common centroid.
One more thing is the number finger of A and B in the second configuration should be even for abut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back