Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Last step of tapeoout---sealring and dummy fill density

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllenD

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,
Can I ask a few questions concerning the last few steps of the tapeout. I am using TSMC 65nm PDK.
1. My LVS is all set without sealring. However, it reports errors when I added the sealring...It seems LVS recognize the sealring as some device. Is this my problem when I modify the seal ring or is it one of the TSMC bugs? Is there a sealring appnote I should read?

2. I added the Dummy OD_PO and Dummy Metals but some of the density error persists when I run DRC. Does this mean that I might set the M_fill deck wrong?

3. I exported my design with dummy fills into GDS file and re-run the dummy fill command. In theory, the new generated dummy GDS file should be empty. To my surprise, there are new dummy shapes generated. Is this normal?

Thanks
Al

1 - answered in the other topic. probably not important.
2 - that means fill failed. you have to inspect the zones where the violations are and identify the reason why.
3 - not meaningful since the first GDS didn't pass density rules to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back