Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Max internal ADC CLK in ARM Processors

Status
Not open for further replies.

matriX_1500

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi every one,
I'm designing a simple Oscilloscope. For Cost considerations, i prefer to use an ARM-Based micro-controller with an internal ADC. I need a single channel ADC with 48 MSPS sample frequency. Is there a proper ARM-Based micro-controller to satisfy this? In other word, is there an ARM-Based micro-controller that has an internal 48 MSPS ADC?
Thanks

LPC4370 is an ideal choice. But only one problem is packaging. We cant assemble BGA package.

LPC4370 is an ideal choice. But only one problem is packaging. We cant assemble BGA package.

Oh well - great power requires overcoming great challenges !

Try external adc then - like TI ADS548x series

Last edited:

Hello!
Just for your info, there is an oscilloscope made with an STM32. I don't remember where I have found it,
but I remember I downloaded the full source code. The name was oszi (for Oscilloscope in German).
And it was really impressive. Now you have newer chips for example with the H series, and I suppose
you can do something even better, faster, especially with the 2 core systems.
Dora.

Hi,

Soldering BGA.

If you have a stencil a good solder paste and a thermometer then soldering should work on the plate of a kitchen oven.
I did a couple of tests in similar way with 100% yield.
I assume you will find a lot of videos in the internet how to do it.

I recommend to include markings on the PCB (layout) to better adjust alignment.

For sure I don't recommend this for "mass production".

Klaus

Hello!
Just for your info, there is an oscilloscope made with an STM32. I don't remember where I have found it,
but I remember I downloaded the full source code. The name was oszi (for Oscilloscope in German).
And it was really impressive. Now you have newer chips for example with the H series, and I suppose
you can do something even better, faster, especially with the 2 core systems.
Dora.

That probably had a max of 1 Msps rate, whereas OP is looking for > 48msps. Big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.