Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

shape sensor can be used with a prosthetic hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

minumathaly

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am making a prosthetic hand for a competition. For that i have to solve a task with that hand. The task is to identify 3 shapes(square, cylinder and ball) with out seeing that. The size of the items will be in between 50 to 60mm for the side or as the diameter. As per the rule i cannot use a camera. Is there any sensor to identify all these shapes. The sensor should be firmly attachable to the hand without disturbing the normal activities of the hand.
Also i wish to know the commonly used motors for prosthetic hand. Wish to give the hand to an amputee after the competition. so it should be as accurate as possible

I picture a grid of switches, packed densely so that at least one switch is pressed by a corner of a square when the hand squeezes it.
* Therefore if only 3 or 4 switches turn on, then it tells you it's a square. (Plus maybe a few switches in a row between corners.)
* The ball presses a majority of switches.
* The cylinder presses a large rectangular area. In addition possibly a disk-shaped area or portion of a disk.

grid of surface switches.jpeg

A grid of membrane switches could give it flexibility. Several switches in a row could be installed on fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back