Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need documets related to extraction of Inductance using Cadence Assura

Status
Not open for further replies.

sp.bhuvana

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Iam working on LNA, When i do post layout simulation, I found that Inductance effect not taken into account like prelayout simulation. is it possible to extract inductance using Assura??? If so, Iam in need of Tutorials or documents related to Assura parasitic extraction.. I kindly request anyone to share materials related to inductance extraction using Assura...

Well, first of all, Assura RCX is an outdated or deprecated extraction tool.
It was replaced by QRC then Quantus, by Cadence.

Quantus QRC can extract inductances, but you need to tell it explicitly (via commands) that you want to extract inductance.
It offers several inductance extraction modes - RLC and RLCK, where L is self-inductance, and K is mutual (coupling) inductance.
Since there is no shielding or screening from magnetic field (unless your circuit is superconducting, of course), every current filament (i.e. every parasitic resistor) is coupled to every other filament (resistor).
Hence, the size of the netlist will become huge, and post-layout netlist will be impractical to use, for circuit simulations.
Quantus QRC allows to do some fine-tuning of the input setup, to reduce the size of the netlist.

Please refer to Quantus QRC user manual, for further details.

Inductance extraction of Assura is not so accurate.You'd better use an EM simulator..

Unfortunately, the capacity of EM (Electromagnetic) solvers is not so high.

Just use EM simulation. You would need an interface between Cadence (if you are using that) and Keysight ADS - it is called GoldenGate for Keysight Momentum (an EM Simulator). It can simulate schematics from Cadence directly.

Or you can interface Cadence with HFSS directly (another EM simulator).

Dont bother with Assura or old versions of Calibre, they are a waste of time for proper accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back