Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LwIP and FreeRTOS support for ZYBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

engr_joni_ee

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I bit new to RTOS. I have to send XADC streaming data to PC over Ethernet. The data rate is around 100 kilo sample per second where each sample is 12 bit. I am wondering which IP or operating system to use. I guess if I use LwIP then it would be like standalone operating system and if I go for FreeRTOS then the operating system would be multi-thread. Is that right ?

Xilinx LwIP and FreeRTOS both have support for ZYBO but I am not sure which one to use. I guess LwIP is quite old and it has a long history whereas FreeRTOS is bit new which became popular in some recent years. Is that right ?

If I use FreeRTOS on ZYBO, do I still need yo use LwIP to send data over Ethernet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back