Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VHDL modulo 2^64 addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSAKARIM

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm working on SHA-512 VHDL implementation and i need to perform (addition mod 2^64)

How can i make the following addition as (modulo 2^64 addition)

Code:
  a(i)          <= std_logic_vector(unsigned(h(i-1)) +unsigned(f3(i)) + unsigned(f0(i)) +unsigned(k(i)) + unsigned(w(i))  + unsigned(f2(i)) + unsigned(f1(i)));

Hi,
I noticed that you used this: std_logic_vector(unsigned(h(i-1))

Why not try this: std_logic_vector(unsigned(h(i)-1)

I don't quite understand what you're doing though but if you show your code, then I can follow.

Hi,

Signed or unsigned values?

Klaus

Hi,

Signed or unsigned values?

Klaus

Since every quantity in the equation is specified as unsigned, then surely it's unsigned ?

Also, I did not understand the symbol " <= ". Is this a qualifier equation or is it an inequality ??

Hi,

Since every quantity in the equation is specified as unsigned, then surely it's unsigned ?
For sure you are right. ... I should have been more concentrated when reading post#1.:oops:

Klaus

Hi,
I noticed that you used this: std_logic_vector(unsigned(h(i-1))

Why not try this: std_logic_vector(unsigned(h(i)-1)

I don't quite understand what you're doing though but if you show your code, then I can follow.

h(i-1) is a previous iteration for h ( NOT h(i)-1 )

The code shown looks correct for this problem. My guess is that one or more of the terms is incorrect.

For any encryption core, you really need to get detailed test vectors. Not just input and final output, but all intermediate terms for every iteration. when everything looks random by design it is harder to intuitively trace the problem to a source.

Status
Not open for further replies.