Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog circuit design automated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sambhav_1

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
i am a analog design engineer who has just entered in this field professionally.
Now a days i learning machine learning and i am curious to know if there are any companies which are using ML for automating the complete analog design?

Every now and then a company comes up and claims to do automated analog design. The first ones I remember date back from the late 90's. So far none has succeeded to achieve that goal. Who can tell the future, but analog design is not like digital, which lends itself much more easily to automation. So, if you are just entering the field, don't rely on finding a software that can do the design for yourself. but rather learn the fundamentals. Or...become a digital designer.

you can make computers do repetitive things fairly easily - hence algorithmic programs / spreadsheets / data bases etc

recognizing patterns is a little harder - door handle is a difficult concept for a robot - so many handles on so may doors and they all look different
(door knobs, wing handles, pull to open refrigerators, ovens, microwaves, push to open, push to release magnetic latch,....)

actually doing something creative, like taking a bunch of primitives (gates or transistors) or more complex things (like 74..... series logic or op amps) and designing a circuit, whether analog or digital, is a long way off

Status
Not open for further replies.