Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me to check my schematic on offline flyback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

king_griffin

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have recently made a schematic based on datasheet of this. I simulated it on LTSpice and I think it works. But honestly, I do not understand how to calculate each value clearly. Could you help me to solve it? At least some key points such as R2, R5. Thanks alot
Capture.JPG

Hi,
R5=Visense/Ipri_Pk
R2=Vin_min/Istart

How can I cal Ipri_Pk? It's my eternal question.

Search for this document on the internet: "Design Guide for Off-line Fixed Frequency DCM Flyback Converter."

Follow the steps that's provided. However, if you designed your transformer for CCM, then search for a design guide of Offline CCM flyback converter.

Bear in mind the frequency that you designed the transformer for. Also bear in mind that the peak Vds mUstinov be below the Vds_rating of the mosfet.Leave some headroom of at least 20%. To make it easier, design for duty cycle below 50%.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.