Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to verify MOSFET resistance implemented as a nulling resistor in an OpAmp

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmanalo

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I'd like to verify the MOSFET's resistance (Rz) in an opamp. showin in the figure.

output.PNG

Usually I see this in an operating point simulation where I simply measure the Vds/Id for a MOSFET in linear region. But in this case it's blocked by capacitor CC.

One simple way would be to get the terminal voltages for that PMOS resistor from the operating point. Then, place it in a separate testbench, just that transistor, connect the same voltages to the gate, source, bulk and give a tiny increment on the drain - for example 1mV higher than the source voltage. Measure the resistance. 1mV/Id

Hi,
In DC analysis you can plot with calculator the ON resistance easily, just tick the "save operating points" at the analysis window, and use this expression: OP("/Mz", "ron")

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back