Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Shielding of voltage lines with different value for same distance

Status
Not open for further replies.

saha.123

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Consider the two voltage lines of 1V & 3V drawn parallel in layout for same distance.In this case, which one has the highest priority to shield?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

It's a theoretical question... maybe an interview question?

And there is a lot of information missing. For example: I'd like to know what's the purpose of both signals...how are they treated at the receiver side?

And if the "1V" means "DC level"

Let's assume it is some you are talking about AC level (RMS?).
Then the noise will influence both lines with the same amplitude..
If you now calculate "signal to noise" of both lines you will see that SNR of the 1V line is smaller than the SNR of the 3V line.
In this case shielding the 1V line may be preferred.

Klaus

Hi,
These lines will be a VREF type voltage dc signal generated at one place routed over some distance.How it will be affected in the circuit.?

Hi,

is it asking too much for a simple sketch?

VRef is DC and it should come from a low impedance source. (but we don´t know nothing about the source)
Thus I don´t expect any change in DC voltage. (We don´t know nothing about the load / load crrent)
Mainly the signal may be influenced by HF. (We do not see any HF source)
We also don´t know about routing, GND plane, GND currents, distances, frequencies.......

--> From all we currently know: a simple RC filter at the receiver side should work.

Klaus

OP is definitely asking for short-cut help in doing his assignments etc etc. I don't think he should be encouraged.

Hope I'm wrong though, and that these are actual real-world problems. In which case additional/ supporting information should provided by OP to help the forum give proper advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back