Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Allegro to Altium Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjlavan

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I've seen quite a few requests for converting Allegro to Altium on this board so I thought I'd try making my own request.

I've spent more time than I'd have liked trying to get these files imported into Altium...it seems there is no good way to do it without Allegro PCB Designer

I do have an OrCAD PCB Designer license, but I can't seem to make that do what I need...I get fatal errors whenever I run ODB++ and it's not clear to me how to get that data into Altium and associated with the schematic anyway...

So if anyone would be so kind as to point me in the right direction or just import these files to Altium and send me the project it would be greatly appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Had a Google Drive link...I see now that is not allowed...I've attached the files

Attachments

• ATSAMA5D4-XULT_GERBER_A.zip
    772.9 KB · Views: 91
  • ATSAMA5D4-XULT_SCHEMA_A.zip
    789.7 KB · Views: 93
  • ATSAMA5D4-XULT_PCBA_A.zip
    3 MB · Views: 88

First, this has been drawn with very old version. 15.X..It may be a problem..
Second, I can export into some different format like ODBC++ or IPC etc. But which format Altium can seamlessly import?

I ran dbdoctor on it...here is an updated .brd file

I also did manage just now to run Allegro2Altium.bat after adding extracata.exe path to system variables...it converts the .brd binary to .alg ASCII...and I've opened that in Altium 19.0.15...it's kind of a mess...might have to play around with layer mapping...

Hopefully you'll get a cleaner import if you have Allegro installed

And thank you, thank you, thank you for your time...I've been screwing around with this on and off for days

Attachments

• dbdoctor_SAMA5D4-XULT RevA.7z
    1.7 MB · Views: 102

Do you want me to convert this .brd file to ODBC++ ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back