Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC-DC buck converter circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

fraga_ramzi

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I wanna make my own PWM DC-DC converter to charge 12V lead acid battery from a PV pannel.
I have some types of MOSFETs (IRF830, IRFZ44N, IPP65R045C7). the problem is I tried many circuits found on the forums but they didn't work. I don't know how I calculate the Inductor and the capicitor values . I have only succeeded to program the PWM signal and the feedback measuring of voltage and the current.
help with a simple circuit that I can begin with.

I wanna make my own PWM DC-DC converter to charge 12V lead acid battery from a PV pannel.
I have some types of MOSFETs (IRF830, IRFZ44N, IPP65R045C7). the problem is I tried many circuits found on the forums but they didn't work. I don't know how I calculate the Inductor and the capicitor values . I have only succeeded to program the PWM signal and the feedback measuring of voltage and the current.
help with a simple circuit that I can begin with.

This is a very broad topic and you can't "begin with" a circuit that somebody provides.

Begin with learning how to calculate the minimum capacitances and inductance needed. Search for Kg method for designing inductors.

In short, learn about how to design the power stage, then study the datasheet of a controller of interest and then learn about the different feedback loops that are in use, choose one of interest and learn how to close it.

That is the way to go.

If you have one you're working on presently, you can post the circuit for help. Members here are very rich in respective skills and can always help you out.

It's important to do a test of your system, that is to measure charging Amperes from your PV panel to your battery. And to get readings both when your battery is discharged, and also when it is fully charged. The readings you get shall be a guide for choosing components for your charge controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.