Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Comunication between car media unit and navigation unit display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

syka2210

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys. Newbie here. Having a project on hands and getting tired of the problems.
I have a factory media unit in my renault laguna 3 wich consist of radio player, navigation module with display(the thing i am trying to get rid of), multiple input modules, GPS module, and a auxiliary input module. The thing i am trying to do is remove the display module and place a android phone/tablet instead, using a arduino with can module to read information from the media unit and send them to the android via bluethoot. The problem is once i unplug the navigation display, the media system(the radio) just won't start. I have tried to find if is a line of code that need to be send, or is it an electrical connection, but could not figure it out.
I am asking for your wisdom, if any of you have knowledge in this sort of... thing.
Thank you four your time, and also please take in mind that i have limited knowledge in this matter, but i learn very easy if thaught. Also not a native english speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.