Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ethernet software or terminal in windows for ZYNQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

engr_joni_ee

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am working on application in which I need to send data from ZYNQ development board to windows based PC over Ethernet interface. The ZYNQ board will be master or Ethernet server and the PC side is to download the data and save in simple text file. I am very new to Ethernet. Is there any terminal exist for Ethernet like Tera Term works for UART serial communication ?

Hi, the data rate which I might have will be around 10 Mbits per second.

Q: Is telnet good enough to transfer 10 Mbits per second data from ZYNQ board which has to be written in the text file in PC ? In my application, I am not sure which will be host (master) and which will be device (slave) ?

telnet can store the recd data in file.
ZYNQ is the server and windows PC is client.
the trasferred data should be in file format .

if your ZYNQ cannot meet this then telnet cannot do it.

Regarding Tera Term I have some understanding. I am not sure if they are correct.

I guess Tera Term is a Terminal which can be used on window PC for both UART and Ethernet, right ?

For Ethernet the Tera Term works by enabling Telnet service ?

It is possible to exchange data between FPGA /SOC board and PC through Ethernet port provided they are connected to each other by enabling Telnet service, right ?

What is the upper limit in Tera Term for Ethernet when it comes to data rate ?

Is it possible to send and receive 100 M bits per second through Tera Term ?

Is it possible to log/save data (100 M bits per second) in text file in Tera Term ?

Is it possible for Tera Term to take/read data from a text file stored in the PC and then send it out of the PC continuously with a defined data rate ?

Teraterm can be used for both uart and ethernet.

telenet is the mode.

yes. you must have telenet service on bothends.

both send and recieve from / to files.

data rate spec is not known as it is eth card capability and the buffer inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back