Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2.5d simulator accuracy - some info

Status
Not open for further replies.
IICCEE said:
what is 2.5D mean?

Simply said:
2.5D means that your structure contains only
- metal and dielectric layers in 2D plane (say XY)
- and vertical vias (wires, connections) connecting 2 XY planes - this is "0.5D".
For this kind of structures, Green's functions are known and computation is very effective.

Re: finite substrate

I plan to give designer a try pretty soon. I saw the demo of a 54 element simulation. Pretty cool!

totokevin said:
JoeSchmo said:
Actually, if you are using periodic boundaries, HFSS is very accurate. The only problem is that for a full radiation pattern you need to do a solve for every scan point and frequency. This method, though tedious, was verified by measurement for a notch element in both Co and X-pol patterns.
If you are modeling only 2.5D structure, you may try the Ansoft Designer - Planar EM, it has new functions specially for periodic structures, and also frequency sweep. That is a great feature for designing FSS/PBG. I have simulated some FSS structures, the results are perfect.

Re: finite substrate

JoeSchmo said:
I plan to give designer a try pretty soon. I saw the demo of a 54 element simulation. Pretty cool!

You should, I found it quite accurate for microstrip antenna design and you don't have to worry about for instance boundary conditions, seting right ports etc. like in full 3d programs.

Greetings,
Redi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back