Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Small signal gain (S21) of Peaking stage of doherty power amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mabrok

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For peaking stage doherty power amplifier (class-C biasing), when I simulate it separately using ADS I got small signal gain (S21 = -10 dB). Is that correct?

Thanks in advanced

Normal..Because C-Class Amplifier is biased lower than Vbe treshold so Ic=0 then Gain=-.. dB.
In order to check the Power Gain of an C-Class Amplifier, Large Signal condition should be used. I mean, you have to drive sufficiently the Amplifier then observe the Load Current and Voltage.
You can later calculate the Power Gain.

Reactions: Mabrok

Mabrok

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Normal..Because C-Class Amplifier is biased lower than Vbe treshold so Ic=0 then Gain=-.. dB.
In order to check the Power Gain of an C-Class Amplifier, Large Signal condition should be used. I mean, you have to drive sufficiently the Amplifier then observe the Load Current and Voltage.
You can later calculate the Power Gain.

Thank you, it is really helped me

Status
Not open for further replies.