Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Algebraic System Response Equation into Circuit Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

EE_Quipped

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For one of the next gen products my company is designing, I've been tasked with designing a broadband equalization/signal conditioning board. With this design I'm starting from the ground up. I've mathematically modeled the desired response in the frequency domain and subsequently derived a best-fit equation.

My question, does anyone know of any books or methodologies that focus on converting mathematical equations/models into equivalent circuit networks?

I know digital logic books often delve into converting boolean algebra to equivalent logic gate, circuit analysis books often show how to derive transfer equations, and RF design books will show how to utilize smith/impedance charts to find necessary LC components for matching networks. But has anyone ever stumbled upon a circuit design book that took a mathematical derivative approach to the design process?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Opamps perform arithmitic operations on signals. Gilbert cells perform multiplication. and the combination of the two performs division. analog.com

Fundamental Math. Functions such as SQRT, MUL, DERIV etc.can be converted onto Circuits.Complex ones can also be realized with DSPs.
FPGAs can also convert/create Math Functions after digitization.

Status
Not open for further replies.