Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPLAB X: MCP19111X Plugin-In project has errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paligstradnieks

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
This is my first post. If this post doesn’t apply to idea of this section, feel free to remove it to other section or delete it. But I hope this is the right place. I believe that what I have not done right is pretty simple – didn’t install some kind of driver, misspelled something in code etc. I know that problem is pretty deep and specific, but maybe someone had some experience with these tools.

I have a problem with microchip’s MPLAB X “MCP19111X Plugin-In”. I already tried to contact with microchips support, but usually there are some problems (the log in page not working, no answer in support phone number, no reply on e-mail etc.). As last straw, there is Microchip’s forum. I am waiting for moderators to accept my registered account, but when that might happen?

I have development board ADM00397 for MCP19111. My idea was to try programming MCP19111 chip in this board. I am total newbie in C, but I thought “hey, they made Plug-In which generates whole project! Maybe I can do something about it by just using the Plug-In with my PickIt3.”

But when I try to build those projects, I get errors and NOTHING works as, in my opinion, should.
For example, I have set these parameters (first attachment) and the Plug-In generated this project (second attachment).
When I try to build, I get this kind of output (third attachment).

I also have tried to fix all errors by digging in the code(s) and changing some lines (list in fourth attachment). All those errors looked … just … too simple. Of course, when I upload hex of this “fixed” project, the ADM00397 doesn’t work at all.

Tried changing those links C99 vs C90, but no progress. Using latest MPLAB X and XC8.

Usage of registers also seems logical as much I could understand.

The big question is: what I am doing wrong? What is missing here? Wrong versions? Wrong parameters? Wrong karma?

Attachments

• 1_Parameters.JPG
    1_Parameters.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 2_MCP1911X.zip
    60.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 3_Output.txt
    11.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 4_''fixed'' things.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 96

Using latest MPLAB X and XC8.
I changed MPLAB-X compiler toolchain setting from XC V2.00 to XC V1.35 and the project compiles without any errors.

Apparently the project has been designed with an older XC8 version and wasn't yet ported.

This solution seems ok. After small experimet with versios I foud out that latest working version is v1.42 - no errors after build process.

However, still don't get the hardware working, but it looks like a different problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back