Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Generating dummy transistors and resisors in Cadence Vertuoso

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junus2012

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Driends,

Can you please tell me how to generate dummy transistors or any dummy materials in Cadence Vertuoso.

Shall I connect the dummy to some net ? if yes where ?

Thank you in advance

They're just the same devices, unused. Tie them off in a
way that looks benign and hopefully impacts other routing
none.

Thank you freebird for your reply

Still I don't know how to creat a dummy instance from Cadence Layout XL.

Thank you freebird for your reply
Still I don't know how to creat a dummy instance from Cadence Layout XL.
Copy the actual devices in the schematic without any connection then place them in layout.
You can make them all pins are short circuited and they may share same active layer even DTI region.

Dear BigBoss,

Thank you for your reply,

You mean to say I put first the dummy I want in the schematic without connection, then for this the schematic will complain about it so I need to make the simulator ignore it. Now this instance will be visible to Layout where I can use it.. looks easy and indirect method.

However there is also direct tool from Layout XL where it is special to genertae dummy instance without interfering the schematic. One of these tools is ModGen and also other tools provided by Layout XL which I don't know

- - - Updated - - -

for example this vidio expalain how to connect dummies but not showing how to creat them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8sFDlACyBQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back