Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] wi-fi advises using microchip series

Status
Not open for further replies.

xjackal

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
i want to use a wi-fi connection between my ics and pc but I don't know any ics .i want to build a board for wi-fi.i just seen esp8266 but I may need measure for long distances.
please advise your projects and your thoughts
thanks

hi Brian
which applications can I code with this wi-fi

just seen esp8266 but I may need measure for long distances

How much ?
BTW, there are ESP8266 modules with or without external antennas.

How much ?
BTW, there are ESP8266 modules with or without external antennas.

the saloon like areas for example an area of 100m

- - - Updated - - -

how can I connect to internet while using this chip

how can I connect to internet while using this chip
I depends on what you want the Internet connection to do. The ESP8266 is a microcontroller with a WiFi interface built in so you have to program it to make it do what you want. The easiest way to get started is to download the free Arduino IDE from www.arduino.cc and load one of the built in examples. You will find code to use it as a serial interface (Telnet) and as web server or client.

I use them here to link gadgets together, as long as they are all within range of the WiFi router they can talk to each other.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.