Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Radio station stored info lossing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecvenky

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a Samsung DJ550 model radio/Disc player, recently found a problem where it cannot store for the FM Station info.
I tune the station, store the channel number, it works well while it is on, but when system power is off and power on. all the stored station info is lost and have to retune it.

How can I fix this problem please suggest.

Thanks
Venky

Either the station information is stored in battery-backed RAM, and the battery is dead. Or its stored in FLASH and the FLASH is bad.

Thank Barry for the reply.
I did not find Battery backed RAM, which would be similar to be in computer motherboards.
If it is stored in FALSH, how to find which is flash chip?

There isn't necessarily a RAM IC, data can be also stored inside a microcontroller, but surely a battery or super cap. The latter may look quite similar to a regular electrolytic cap, just with a high capacitance, e.g. 1F.

Storage in flash is surely possible (in or outside µC), but it's unlikely to go bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back