Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Modelling Schottky diode SMS-7630 in ADS for rectifier applications at 5.8 GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrtrdtacnt

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I am trying to model the Schottky diode SMS 7630-079 LF for rectifier application in ADS for a frequency of 5.8 GHz. The data sheet provides absolutely no information apart from the basic parameters and the artwork of the diode. After a little bit of research, I got the Fig.1 as shown, from a research article from IEEE Microwave Magazine.

In addition, I found out the S-parameters provided by the manufacturer on the website. I modelled the diode model as per Fig.1. and compared with the diode spice model provided by the manufacturer. The comparison is shown in Fig. 2. The red curves represent the values provided by manufacturer. The blue curves represent the values I obtained after modelling in ADS

Though the S parameters look to be in-line with each other, the impedance curves show a wide discrepancy. Especially, at 5.8 GHz, this is a major issue. I understood that I needed to include the bond inductance and capacitance values in addition. But, I am unable to get these values. Please help me in resolving this issue. Fig. 3..pngFig.2..pngFig.1..png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back