Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power handling tunable microstrip filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

laperla

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
First of all, I want to determine power handling of the simple microstrip filter with RO4003 substrate
and then I need to calculate the power handling this filter with varactor...

Can you help me to find them?

Depends on the Power ( Current and Voltages ) that flows through this filter..
Also depends on the filter topology..

The simple microstrip filter with hairpin structure doesn't have current or voltage.... How can I get it?

The simple microstrip filter with hairpin structure doesn't have current or voltage.... How can I get it?

Yes it does..
If it's connected to a High Power RF Amplifier, it will be face to face a pretty high current and voltages.
For instance, consider a HPA of 100W, and Load Impedance is 50 Ohm.The average Filter RF Current will be 1.41 Ampere.I don't take the harmonic currents into account..
RF Circuits are not different than other electrical circuits in term of Power Density.

I think there are two limits: high voltage results in arcing, high current results in losses -> heat. My EM solver supports a thermal solver mode where the power loss and resulting self heating is calculated, but I admit I never used that so far.

How can I find power handling elements such as varactor, ATC capacitor and …?

What is the different betweet power handling and power dissipation?

Last edited:

Can you help me to find them?? ::-?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back