Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I am trying to import a spice file netlist from Murata into ADS; not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

skatefast08

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please help me understand what is going wrong with my importing. I am trying to import a 0402 100pF capacitor from Murata into ADS. I am suppose to get a bunch of components with pins connected after the import, but I do not, I only get pin 1 and pin 2. Here are some pictures of the process I do to import the file below. Idk if it has to do with the file type (.mod file), or something is wrong with my computer. Please help when you can, thanks!

photo(1).jpg
photo(2).jpg
photo(3).jpg
photo(4).jpg
photo(5).jpg
photo(6).jpg
photo(7).jpg

Why don't you download and install Design Kit of Murata into ADS?? It's more convenient..

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Why don't you download and install Design Kit of Murata into ADS?? It's more convenient..

I just wanted to know why it isn't working. I had it working before, but idk what thing i did different that would show the whole netlist, all i see now is the netlist display simulator and two pins that aren't even connected to anything. Thanks though, ill try it your way if I can't figure this other method out.

Last edited:

Change the Option from ADS Netlist to ADS Schematic while importing..

Well at least I obtained the other parasitic components, but now all the components are connected to ground as shown in the figure 1. I also get an error when I simulated the component as shown in figure 2. I was hoping your way would solve the issue, but i guess not, I get a different issue now.

photo_1(1).jpg
photo_1(2).jpg

never mind, I had to change the setting to PSPICE and I also changed setting to ADS schematic like you said. Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back