Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Synchronize comparator output with a clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

iaf

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a comparator which has a certain output for a microcontroller reset which i want to synchronize with the system clock so that it rises only when the edge of the clock rises and not earlier, what would be the easiest way to realize that?

whatabout a clocked D-FF with D input from comparator out and clock from your source?

Hi,

there are ready to buy comparators with internal latched or clocked ouptuts.
Two examples:
* latched: MAX961
* clocked: HMC874

You need to provide a more detailed specification

Klaus

I'm designing it as an integrated circuit. I have tried a D-FF but it seems that's not delivering the required output

flipflop.PNG

That's the simulation result, the output seems to be somehow affected by the clock, i can't the see the fault though

flipflop_sim.PNG

Hi,

Would an AND gate/ANDing clock signal and comparator high signal to the microcontroller reset pin work?

Well, that doesn't look right. And what do you mean "the output seems to be somehow affected by the clock"? It's SUPPOSED to be affected by the clock! Can you look at the outputs of I5, I7 and I4 and see if those are behaving properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back