Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Schematic and parts for LPSU to power 2 SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taraba55

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I would like to bild linear psu which shoud power 2 SSD ( 5V 2A) for my audio PC. I allredy have 50W toroid transformer which I would like to use. Since I have no knowledge about electronics whatsovever( sorry about that), eletronic shop with build it for me.
So, if is not too much to ask I need circuit scheem and specification of parts for the build, especially capacitors ( type and how many).

I am aware this is very borring to answer for expirience members, but i will be very grateful for any advice .

Thank you

"Litle knowledge is very dangerous think" - Aleksandar Pope

Hi,

A global question. (A forum is more suitable for detailed questions)

I just did an internet search about "how to build a linear power supply tutorial".
27 million hits. Even video tutorials.

--> I don´t think there is the need for another one.

Look for reliable documents. Mainly from: semiconductor manufacturers, universities, people/internet_sites with good reputition...

Read through a couple of them - maybe 5, maybe 10 - then decide which one suits you best.
Then follow the guidline step by step.

If then you encounter a specific problem you are welcome here to answer a detailed question.
You will get much of assistance, especially when you show your own effort and provide useful informations like:
* the document you refer to
* your calculations
* what you understand so far
* what the problem is
* how you already tried to get it solved

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.