+ Post New Thread
    Newbie level 1

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

Schematic and parts for LPSU to power 2 SSD.

Hi
    I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I would like to bild linear psu which shoud power 2 SSD ( 5V 2A) for my audio PC. I allredy have 50W toroid transformer which I would like to use. Since I have no knowledge about electronics whatsovever( sorry about that), eletronic shop with build it for me.
    So, if is not too much to ask I need circuit scheem and specification of parts for the build, especially capacitors ( type and how many).

I am aware this is very borring to answer for expirience members, but i will be very grateful for any advice .

Thank you

"Litle knowledge is very dangerous think" - Aleksandar Pope

•   AltAdvertisement

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    7 years registered
    Awards:
    Most Frequent Poster 3rd Helpful Member

Helped
    3448 / 3448
    Level

Re: Schematic and parts for LPSU to power 2 SSD.

Hi,

A global question. (A forum is more suitable for detailed questions)

I just did an internet search about "how to build a linear power supply tutorial".
    27 million hits. Even video tutorials.

--> I don´t think there is the need for another one.

Look for reliable documents. Mainly from: semiconductor manufacturers, universities, people/internet_sites with good reputition...

Read through a couple of them - maybe 5, maybe 10 - then decide which one suits you best.
    Then follow the guidline step by step.

If then you encounter a specific problem you are welcome here to answer a detailed question.
    You will get much of assistance, especially when you show your own effort and provide useful informations like:
    * the document you refer to
    * your calculations
    * what you understand so far
    * what the problem is
    * how you already tried to get it solved

Klaus
    Please don´t contact me via PM, because there is no time to respond to them. No friend requests. Thank you.

--[[ ]]--