Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multiple ADC inputs connected together

Status
Not open for further replies.

ku637

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello ,

I have seen a design with a micro controller having an internal 12 bit ADC.

Here ADC are being used for supply rails monitoring and as well as sensor ( a simple R-divider ) voltage detection.

I'm curious that the designer has connected 2 ADC inputs together to each signal input.

Is this generally used?

Will paralleling multiple ADC input (without any resistors in series ) cause any impedance problems?

Any suggestions is welcome.

Thank you,

Sorry I cannot upload image ..

Basically it is nothing..

2 ADC inputs shorted together connected to 3.3V / 5V buck regulator output capacitors through a R divider of 10k

*******10k*******10k
3.3V----\/\/\/\-- |---\/\/\/\----->GND
*************|
*************|
*************|----> ADC CH1
*************|----> ADC CH2

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Hi,

Without additional information "paralleling of two ADC inputs" makes no sense.

Thus I assume there is additional information.

Why can´t you upload the image or give us the link to the source of your information?

Klaus

Perhaps one or both of the pins have dual purpose and is used in digital mode. Taking two identical measurements makes no sense and the extra load on the source can do nothing but reduce accuracy. Some more info is needed, in particular what MCU it is.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back