Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage reading is not constant from DAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanmei

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have the NI6259 and want to read an analog signal.

I connect DC voltage 0.35V to the AI0 analog input pin of NI6259 through a BNC connector. The ground pin of the signal generator is connected to the ground pin of the BNC adapter.

The measured signal is oscillating. Could anyone help to explain? It should be a constant voltage. Thank you.

Picture1.jpg

Hi,

obviously 60Hz mains frequency.

Loop via Earth_GND?

Your pictures and description don´t give much information. It´s just a snippet of all the devices and connections involved

For example: where is the "0.35V" coming from and where it´s power is coming from, what cbles, what length and how they are installed.....

Klaus

Thanks you. When I connects it with the differential mode, when there is no ripple.

When I connects it with the differential mode, when there is no ripple.
Then why not run it in the differential mode.
Please give us more info on what you are doing, so we can avoid a game of 20 questions. :-?

In the DAQ software setup, I set the terminal configuration to be " differential", then the measured signal is stable without the ripple.

Capture.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.