Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Ethernet(ENC28J60) Interfaced Arduino - DHCP Failed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simulations are often wrong!

Did you change the line:
#define STATIC 0 // set to 1 to disable DHCP (adjust myip/gwip values below)
as advised in the program? also check your MAC isn't blacklisted by your router.

Brian.

Hi Brian,
Thank you for the quick reply.
I tried in both ways, also set up my IP address for my network.
I checked my router, there is no MAC address blacklisted.
I have only 1 alert message from Proteus while simulating which says "Simulation is not running in real time due to excessive CPU load."
Would it be possible that this is causing me this issue?
If not the only thing what I can think of is that Proteus is unable to get connection with my LAN card through WINCAP

- - - Updated - - -

Just to clarify.
#define STATIC 0
- On the console it gives me a DHCP Failed message, and the IP, GW, DNS are 0.0.0.0

#define STATIC 1
- On the console it gives me back the IP and the GW what I defined, however the DNS comes back with 0.0.0.0, and the simulation is unavailable through the web-browser.

I can't see why the CPU should be overloaded and I suspect it is a limitation of Proteus. I do not use Windows so I cannot use Proteus to check myself but as far as I know, the ENC28J60 should do all the connecting to the network by itself and as the interface is SPI, meaning it is driven from the CPU, I doubt it is capable of overloading it.

Can you try real hardware to confirm the simulation?

Brian.

Can you try real hardware to confirm the simulation?

The real hardware is on it's way, due to Easter is will take a few days to arrive :)
I wanted to simulate it first to have a bit or prep before the real project.
I will send my update once the hardware arrived.

- - - Updated - - -

My additional details:
- WIN10CAP installed
- Arduino loaded to Proteus https://www.theengineeringprojects.com/ArduinoProjects/Arduino%20Library%20for%20Proteus.rar
- Hex file loaded to the board

1st resolution:
- VirtualBox installed
- Windows XP SP3 added
- I made the same steps as under the Win10
- It is working, getting the IP address and giving the base HTML on the preset IP

Status
Not open for further replies.