Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Error in EM simulation in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tina.sax

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am designing a PA.

I have two modules- Input and Output.
Input module is perfectly working with bypass capacitors and all stability networks. But in Output module, without bypass capacitors on drain bias, results are perfect. But, as I am putting bypass capacitor, after 2-3 iterations, job starts failing showing this error.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Generating mesh at 4 GHz...
--- ERROR ---------------------------------------------------------------------

At least one port pin or bondwire end is not
fully connected to a conductive part of the
design (see the layout processing report for
details).
This setup is invalid for a Momentum simulation.

Same, bypass capacitors and hole drawing is done on Input side, its perfectly fine. Please provide the solution for debugging it.

Figure is attached.

Thanks,
Tina

Attachments

• output.JPG
    output.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 339

Tina, the error is what the message says. Most likely, you have placed the Momentum pin on the wrong layer.

Decoupling Capacitors have already Pins to connect to GND via some VIAS, why you have added exclusively GNDs to them ??
If you would like to see the effects of the VIAs, you should left these pins connected to GND island ( obviously connected to GND ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back