Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

InstallScape error when installing Cadence IC617

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potatoze

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am installing Cadence IC617 with InstallScape. When I load my local media and click Start, it says this error:

Screenshot from 2019-04-18 12-06-43.png
Invalid download directory for release IC_06.17.700_lnx86. Spaces in the directory path are not allowed.

I tried change the Default Download Directory in Preferences, but it doesn't work. Does anyone know where the issue is? Really appreciate.

Hello,

I am installing Cadence IC617 with InstallScape. When I load my local media and click Start, it says this error:

View attachment 152454
Invalid download directory for release IC_06.17.700_lnx86. Spaces in the directory path are not allowed.

I tried change the Default Download Directory in Preferences, but it doesn't work. Does anyone know where the issue is? Really appreciate.

try installing to /tmp, that should always work no matter what. see what it says.

Thanks for the reply.
I tried to install to /tmp, but still doesn't work. I've set the all permissions of the install directory to "Create and delete files"

- - - Updated - - -

Solved. It turns out the "Spaces" refers to the space character, not the space for storage.

that's why I suggested /tmp in the first place...

Status
Not open for further replies.