Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Writing ModelSim do files

Status
Not open for further replies.

tahirsengine

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am working on an ASIC design project in ModelSim environment. After designing, it's now verification phase.

For that I need to write do files.

There are two problems.

1) I don't know how to write do files or testcases(I used to verify designs using testbenches)
2) How to execute them(the do files)

overall I am totally illiterate on this topic. :(

So please help me that where to start from? and any good tutorials on that will be highly appreciated.

Specially a tutorial that takes a simple design and verifies it using do file will be awesome.

Last edited:

Open ModelSim, go to Help menu then open the "PDF Bookcase".
That will open up a pdf, the ModelSim XY Bookcase. From there open the ModelSim XY Tutorial and READ Chapter 12 - Automating Simulation.

Open ModelSim, go to Help menu then open the "PDF Bookcase".
That will open up a pdf, the ModelSim XY Bookcase. From there open the ModelSim XY Tutorial and READ Chapter 12 - Automating Simulation.

Actually I am using 2019 ModelSim. I saw that document. But its very very basic. Is there any other resource that I may refer for learning that?
Another question is : What script that we type on ModelSim command line is called? Is it standard TCL?

ModelSim uses standard TCL.

But, DO NOT write your stimulus that way. Use the same language you wrote your design with. And you are not restricted to synthesizable coding rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back