Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ZCU111 Ultrascale+ RFSoC board

Status
Not open for further replies.

chyrie

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am currently working on the Ultrascale+ RFSoC board (ZCU111). I have a clock synchronization problem. I can neither synchronize the card and the spectrum analyzer with the 10 MHz reference signal from the spectrum analyzer, nor retrieve a reference signal from the card and put it at the input of the spectrum analyzer.
I am trying to do a project containing signal processing and we need about 142 Hz of frequency accuracy. Hence the need for synchronization.
It would appear that the reference signal on the card is at more than 3 GHz instead of 10-20 MHz (on J7 and J10).
Here is a DAC measurement on the spectrum analyzer with a 100 Hz span.

decalage de spectre.jpg

clock zcu111.png

Thank you in advance if anyone have an idea or advice.

The reference clock connector won't output 10 MHz without appropriate PLL programming. Sure everything is setup correctly?

Thank you for your answer FvM.
No, I'm not sure everything is well configured. I am new to this board and it is true that I have difficulty finding or decrypting information about this reference clock. I'm trying to make a Standalone application to manage RF converters. (Hardware on Vivado, use the API drivers to check the correct configuration). As far as clkout5 is concerned, I don't really see how to program it. There are very few examples of clocks programming. I want to use the ADCs at a sampling frequency of 4 GHz. But for this clock reference I'm blocking.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.