Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Canoe: Driver - Reception overrun : Messages are lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

dharanikumar

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Capture.JPGCapture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

Please see the attached pictures to understand my system configuration and Canoe configuration.

The Replay block plays a blf file of length 6 minutes containing total of 2,413,161 CAN frames from two CAN channels.
Canoe reads the blf file and transmits the CAN frames on two CAN channels. Microcontroller (MuC) receives the CAN frames converts them in to Ethernet IPV4 UDP packet and transmit again to the Canoe.

When i run this configuration, i am getting below errors.
1. System - CAN driver: Reception overrun - messages are lost
2. System CAN X : Message with ID = XXX could not be sent. Driver error 11 in TransmitCANFrame, "XL_ERR_QUEUE_IS_FULL"
3. System Warning: replay loading delay(s)
System ReplayBlock 1(blf_file.blf): 15 times, 7347.46 ms total

I assumes this was due to Canoe performance issue or CAN driver issue. So I did the below steps.
1. Modified the CANCaseXL Receive latency->Very fast under Vector hardware Config.
2. Increased the Transmit queue settings->32768 (maximum) under Vector hardware config -> Global settings.
3. I disabled all except one logging block (blf) [As you can see in the measurement setup].

But i still experience the same errors. What could be the problem? Is there any other ways to resolve this?

Your system configuration is not the problem. I am using "CANoe" too, this happens when you leave "CANoe" without a filter and it keeps sending/receiving. To fix it just clear the messages and send again or restart "CANoe". You have to learn how to apply a filter.

- - - Updated - - -

Its better to use the diagnostic console and not the PDU. But I don't know how to set it up, its hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Its better to use the diagnostic console and not the PDU. But I don't know how to set it up, its hard.

What do you mean by diagnostic console and PDU? Sorry i didn't get you.

I am not using diagnostic feature. It is just standard CAN frames.

Status
Not open for further replies.