Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Long range RFID by EM4095

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahdiiust

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am trying to design a long range RFID reader using EM4095. I designed my circuit by using EM4095 booster circuit document.
As stated in this document, there are two ways to increase read range. First using a power stage to drive antenna with higher currents. Second using an envelope detector to increase sensitivity and thus read range.
I utilized these two ways but my circuit did not work with envelop detector. I replaced the envelope detector by former Cdec (100nF capacitor as already used in short range circuit) and it worked! But the read range was not good.
As I realized from practical investigations, I must consider envelope detector elements and CD2 value to work properly.
Does anyone Know how should I modify these parameters to read tags.

Thanks.

RFID reader.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.