Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resources to learn about mmwave IC design

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamyRady_RF

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I would like to ask about the best resources to learn about mm-wave IC Design, both integrated or discrete.
Please feel free to recommend me books, courses, paper or upload any useful materials.

Thanks

mmWave IC design is a big field! It is like asking, "I want to learn Physics. Recommend me books".

Start with passives. "Electromagnetics for High-Speed Analog and Digital Circuits" by Ali M. Niknejad covers the part on passives really well. You should also refer to the papers of John Long on transformers as well.. Understanding transformers is very crucial to understanding mmWave because they form the most important basic building block. Also, transmission lines.

Pick up "RF Microelectronics" by Behzad Razavi. Pick a chapter, for example, mixers. Understand (almost) everything in that book about mixers. And then look up papers on mixers at mmWave frequencies at IEEE. mmWave IC is RFIC at a higher carrier frequency. Those papers will give you a good idea about mmWave design techniques. But at the end of the day, you need to be able to simulate these things to get a feel. SpectreRF licenses are not sold individually. ADS licenses are also quiet expensive. Open Source tools are not great in mmWave simulations.

So, you are in trouble!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back