Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved] Learning DFT as an intern and need help with .dft.v files

Status
Not open for further replies.

linaxus

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am a student studying Comp Sci but was lucky enough to get an internship for DFT insertion and learning about IC testing and verification. I am learning through the internship but at a slow pace as the person in charge of teaching me also has work that they are busy with, so I come to you the community to give me a pointer in the direction I should look for to learn more about DFT and Verilog. Currently I need help with learning what to look for in .dft.v files that is different from .v files. I'm sorry if the question is stupid or doesnt make sense, but in that case please let me know so I can correct my post and make it more specific as to what im trying to learn and find.

What I know is that in the .dft.v version the dft is inserted and all the flops are connected compared to the raw .v file that needs work. What I dont know is how will I compare those 2 files and learn what the differences are. Something that was vaugly explained to me was that in the .v file some of the components like reset,SI,SO, etc. are "grounded" and connected to the same (something) and in the .dft.v they arent the same but all have been connected to an IO or wire. I searched online and looked through reddit but cant find any information, also I dont know exactly what to search for in google to find info. So all im asking for is if you can guide me on it, clear my question up to to corrected, or point in a direction for me to look so I can learn.

If my question breaks the rules please let me know where to post, I quickly read through the rules but might have missed something. Also I wont ask about b00ks because its against the rules but articles that lead to those or something will be greatly appreciated. I have little background in ECE because I switched my major from ECE to Comp Sci so I should hopefully be able to understand most terminology.

Thank You.

Best to start with the book "vlsi test principles and architecture" by Cheng-Wen Wu, Laung-Terng Wang, and Xiaoqing Wen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back