Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What Datatype does a slave device sends to lcd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghoral

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In I2c communication, What dataype does slave sends to master and prints on 16x2 lcd. Do we have to convert the data into integer or BCD and send to lcd or we can directly send as string?

Hi,

There is no dedicated datatype for I2C.
It´s in bytes of 8 bits.
For one byte it may be coded as ASCII, for another byte it may be int8, for the next unit8, or just 8 bits.

Whether it´s BCD encoded or not will tell you the display´s datasheet.

Klaus

added:
You say: "slave to master". Usually the display is the slave and the microcontroller is the master.
Are you sure you ask about the direction:
... display --> microcontroller?

I guess you are asking about MFRC522 which was already addressed in your previous I2C related posts. Register data are generally binary, read and write FIFO data can have different formats depending on the used protocol. The RFID protocol details are not discussed in the datasheet, I think. NXP is providing examples code for it.

Can you please tell me where can I find the example codes of MFRC522?

Status
Not open for further replies.